Re: Wiki and miroVIDEO DC10

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:09:12 +0200
Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:

> It would be worth telling which DC10 you have tested.

What should I tell?
$ lspci -vvv

02:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Zoran Corporation ZR36057PQC Video
cutting chipset (rev 01)
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 48 (500ns min, 4000ns max)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
        Region 0: Memory at f1000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=4K]
        Kernel driver in use: zr36067
        Kernel modules: zr36067

Something else?

> Do you know if the card was working with Lenny/2.6.26?
Yes it works. (At least it properly creates /dev/video0 . I am too
lazy to drag DVD player from next room to check recording. But
I'm sure if there is /dev/video0 then it works ;-) )

> Regarding the module, an easy way to pass the option is to create a
> file /etc/modprobe.d/options.local, in which you add:
>   options zr36067 card=1
> Then run the following commands or reboot :
>   rmmod zr36067
>   modprobe zr36067
Yes, it works... Will fix the article.

> Did you file a bug against mplayer so it includes zoran module?
No. Do you think I should?

> Auto-configuration
> Also you might find helpful an old update script that was written to
> load zoran modules in 2.4.* kernels. It certainly does not work out
> of box now, but you might find interesting information there.

I do not think that this update script worth separate chapter it this
article... For me it was very useful information, that helped me. but
the same information can be found in cards.php. update sctipt is more
understandable for me. But it can't be placed under Auto-configuration
title as it almost can't be used for autoconfiguration, it needs much
rewriting...
I think this file should be mentioned as an information source, or just
not mentioned at all...