Re: contributors.debian.org (aka a home for contributors)?

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 03:03:37PM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> Currently, the wiki has a lot of wiki-user homepages. There are two
> issues related to those wiki pages:
>
> 1. Wiki pages and homepages share the main namespace which cause false
>    positive in search results... (yes some user choose some ambiguous
>    names like root, Aim, DebianLiveUser, Mac, netbug)

Is that possible to not search on wiki users pages by default ?

> 2. Putting personal data under an open source license sounds weird.
>    Allowing to modify and redistribute those data is... not something
>    we want. (We discovered this issue as we were preparing the
>    re-licensing of the wiki).
>
> The initial plan was to simply move those pages to wiki.d.org/User/ and
> leave those pages copyrighted to their owners. However there is an
> alternative:
>
> What about moving those homepages to something like:
>    http://contibutors.debian.org  ??
>
> Pros:
> * Every Debian contributor would have an (easy) to edit a homepage.
>   (Raphael Hertzog mentioned that DM/NM might experiment using wiki
>   homepage so applicant list their contributions)
> * It is possible to write a macro to generate a Portfolio[1]
> * The wiki could be used as a "weak" openid provider for other services.
>   (esp. for users that don't have alioth account yet).
>
> Cons:
> * What about debian-community.org? Do we integrate some of the services
>   together, etc..

Cons:
* Yet another place to look information for : there are already dozens
  or more websites where information is spread. That really makes entry
  of new contributors harder.

--
Simon Paillard