Re: contributors.debian.org (aka a home for contributors)?

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 16:02 +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> >
> > Currently, the wiki has a lot of wiki-user homepages. There are two
> > issues related to those wiki pages:

> > The initial plan was to simply move those pages to wiki.d.org/User/ and
> > leave those pages copyrighted to their owners. However there is an
> > alternative:
> >
> > What about moving those homepages to something like:
> >    http://contibutors.debian.org  ??
>
> Any reason why it could not go to debian-community.org if it's not
> welcome on wiki.debian.org?

Why not.

(Note that I didn't say that homepages aren't welcome. But they do need
a separate namespace)

We would have to solve a few problems (migration of the accounts and
homepages, enabling openid authentication...).

BTW, I am not sure whether DD/DM would be comfortable having their
homepages "there". I think it would be nice to have a single place for
all the homepages of all contributors.

Franklin