Re: Re: wiki.d.o: SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager

Hello,

On Fri, 2009-04-03, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > On 2009-04-03, Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Some improvements that should be made can be seen in the diff between
> > > revisions 10 and 11. Would someone restore this version or remove the
> > > access restriction so I can handle it?
> >
> > There was more bad than good in that revision, so hopefully no one wants
> > to do that.
> If you think there's something bad, please explain what and I'll
> consider it. Better yet, if you're confident enough, just fix it.

There is a kind of implicit rule on this wiki...
wiki pages are like packages, they are maintained by some Teams/People.
(DebianInstaller/* are managed by DI team, WiFi/* pages are managed by
Geoff Simons and a few others, DebianEdu/* are managed by Holger a few
others ...).
It doesn't prevents other people from contributing. But if the
maintainer don't like one's patch... well that person should try to
understand why his/her patch were rejected and talk to the maintainer.
(Telling why the patch isn't applied seems to be a good practice too).

Based on the fact that Sune had initiated that gsoc page, made many
contributions, and that he is the maintainer of many KDE packages, he
obviously cares for that page.

Note: the wiki changelog is a very effective communication tool, when
it's used as such. (i.e say what you do and why you did it).

Franklin

P.S. Chealer, you can use a /Discussion page to submit you ideas.