Re: New website translations

Hi again :)

On 21/02/2009, at 2:36 AM, Jens Seidel wrote:

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:03:26AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 04:59:54PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
On 19/02/2009, at 7:53 PM, Jens Seidel wrote (in conclusion)
I added Clytie and Praveen as translation coordinators for Vietnamese
and Malayalam, resp.

http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/

Argh, Vietnamese is still missing on it. We have to investigate it ...

Fixed. The script stattrans.pl died because malayalam/ didn't exist yet.
Now it just prints two warnings and continues.

Thanks for the fix. :)

I have checked out the webwml directory using SVN (btw, the howto for translating webpages still says you have to use CVS), but found I can't create a "vietnamese" directory:
___
Pearl:webwml clytie$ svn add vietnamese
A         vietnamese
Pearl:webwml clytie$ svn commit -m "Added directory vietnamese for Vietnamese (vi) language."
Adding         webwml/vietnamese
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Can't create directory '/svn/webwml/db/transactions/80726-1.txn': Permission denied
Pearl:webwml clytie$
___

so I must not have write access for webwml. Could you please give it to me? I already have it for D-I and (at least some) docs. I use the SSH key logged with alioth under "clytie-guest".

PO statistics for Malayalam look now a little bit scary:

File          Up to date  Fuzzy  Untranslated Total
bugs.ml.po    0 (%)       0 (%)  0 (%)        27
cdimage.ml.po 0 (%)       0 (%)  0 (%)        22
Total:        0 (0%)      0 (0%) 0 (100%)     887

It should be 100% in the "Untranslated" column but Perl initializes
values with 0 and no PO file domains (such as bugs, cdimage) are known
for not existing languages so I cannot set it to 100% as I did for "total".
Also the Total values come from the previous language iteration.

It's only a cosmetic issue but if someone wants to fix it ...

Hey, it's a translator motivation issue, too. :D

If one of my stats started showing as 0%, I'd write anxious emails. ("Help! Somebody stole my stats!")

Praveen, I'm CCing you to these emails because you're probably at the same point I am regarding Debian webpage translations: starting out. For reference, the webwml files [1] are at the base level in Debian WebSVN, which is currently running about as fast as frozen honey. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n

[1] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/webwml/trunk/webwml/