Re: Moved "lenny" release-notes to trunk
On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 06:46:28PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2009-01-03 22:43, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > FYI:
> > I think ... for you to see PDF displayed properly for CJK, you need
> > CMap data (non-free). Depending on packages, Cmap files are provided by
> > * poppler-data package or
> > * cmap-adobe-* packages
> I don't have poppler-data nor any of the cmap-adobe-* packages
> installed, and the zh_TW/*.pdf files look fine with one
> exception: I get a A00A here and there. Is it "yi syllable a"?
Are you on etch or lenny?
etch verson of evince is build with non-free data thus works ... based
on my vague memory. Let me see:
evince (0.5.3-1) changelog:
* updated the poppler requirement to build with the new soname
-- Josselin Mouette <email@example.com> Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:40:50 +0200
poppler (0.5.4-2) experimental; urgency=low
* [debian/control]: poppler-data is non-free, do not depend on it (Closes: #389753)
-- Ondřej Surý <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:41:58 +0200
poppler (0.5.4-1) experimental; urgency=low
* New upstrem release.
* [debian/control.in]: remove file and add all pkg-freedesktop people
to Uploaders: field
* [debian/control]: Add dependency on poppler-data package.
* [debian/patches/03_glib-2.0-configure.patch]: fix broken configure.ac
-- Ondřej Surý <email@example.com> Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:49:17 +0200
Looks like etch version of poppler-data had non-free data embedded.