but it is at least not reflected in the tools we are using.
Obtained from a quick look tools like apt-cache, aptitude or
synaptic do not reformat the text and thus it works as expected.
But if you look at the package description at packages.debian.org
the layout is disturbed.

On the other hand

     http://packages.debian.org/sid/ht

is perfectly formatted on the web pages.   It seems to be according
to the fact that parts of the description where a line starts with
two spaces are wrapped into <pre> tags in the HTML code.  This
could be used as workaround.  (Did I missed some documentation of this
behaviour?)

So my question is: Do you think that inventing some structured text
like syntax for the purpose of list environments.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de