Re: Old information at http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/errata

Am Mittwoch, den 06.02.2008, 14:15 +0100 schrieb Jens Seidel:
> Ralph probably forgot a "apt-get update" but nevertheless the following
> APT source does no longer exist:
>
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US proposed-updates/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> Does anyone know a mirror for Woody and other (older?) systems?

 As archive.debian.org lives in US TTBOMK it doesn't carry the non-US
part, and I'm not aware of any archive-non-US host ...

But this exists:
#v+
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody-proposed-updates/non-US main contrib non-free
#v-

 I guess non-us.d.o itself is the archive for the non-us parts anyway.

> Also the usage of
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian proposed-updates main contrib non-free
> in hour site is bad as it refers now probably to Etch whereas it referred
> in the past to Woody. We should use code names instead.

 Indeed - unfortunately I don't see any woody-proposed-updates on
archive.debian.org? Were there none when woody got moved to the archive?
I would guess even then it would be a good idea to have (empty) files
there -- on the other hand people have to edit their sources.list anyway
to use the archive.

> Where are currently proposed updates for Woody?

 There are none.

> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/ lists sarge-proposed-updates/,
> etch-proposed-updates/, lenny-proposed-updates/, oldstable-proposed-updates/
> but no woody-proposed-updates/ or oldoldstable-proposed-updates/ :-)

 Because woody got removed from the mirrors and moved to the archive.

> Even http://archive.debian.org/dists/ misses woody-proposed-updates/ but
> provides {hamm,potato,slink}-proposed-updates.

 See above about my guessings along that lines.

> > Would it make sense to update some links to old releases to point to
> > http://archive.debian.org/? Probably not ...
>
> Oops, Ralph convinced me that it is important to update even old release
> pages as Woody may still be used in production (even I have still such a
> old system).

 And it had been done in the past, see e.g. potato pages.

> I will try to update the pages but need at least woody-proposed-updates ...

 You don't "need" them. If it was empty it gains nothing to list it, but
if it wasn't (which I have no idea about - propably the people doing the
move to the archive know?) it should get fixed.

 So long,
Rhonda