Re: [Patch] Arm port update

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:55:12PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  This is not true. armel is not "fully supported", especially not for a
> stable release, and:

Looking at the other ports pages, it seems the port pages generally talk
about the status of ports on latest stable release.

> > +Both ports will coexist during Lenny but afterwards arm port will die.
>
>  ... armel isn't in lenny (yet).

Hector's choice of words is quite unfortunate :) But the
information that needs to be passed to users is that a) armel is being
integrated to debian as we speak and porters are working to get it included
in lenny b) after lenny the old arm port will be depreceated in favour
of armel.

>  On what things is your wish to change the webpages based?

When one is used to dealing with unstable day to day basis with
an agressive look forward, the current arm port page seem so outdated.
Then again I see the hppa port refers to linuxcare, a seven years dead
company ;)

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups