Re: s/Debian-Med/Debian Med/g broke page generation

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Simon Paillard wrote:

Don't know whether you read debian-www or not, so I forward it to you.

Thanks for this foreward - and sorry for messing things up.  I have to
admit that I currently have problems accessing CVS to learn about this
debian-cdd.wml stuff which definitely needs to be touched.  I'm sending
this mail sitting behind a firewall which does not allow CVS access and
I'll be offline later until next Friday (5.12.).

The wml template needs a rename as well
  s/Custom Debian Dustribution/Debian Pure Blend/
but more importantly the generation of the mailing list address does
not work for every Blend anyway - some mailing lists are on Alioth
and can not be created according to a certain scheme.  So probably the
complete hint to the mailing list should simple be deleted at this place.

Sorry for messing things up that way.  The good news for debian-www
and translators is that we plan to replace these static pages anyway
by autogenerated pages.  You have probably noticed that bio.wml and
imaging.wml are just removed and replaced by links to the apropriate
tasks pages.  These tasks pages query DDTP to obtain translations for
package descriptions so there is no duplicated work any more.

The suggestion I would like to make now is the following: If I put
the burden of fixing the problem I've caused onto you let's remove
all these tasks files *now*

   dental.wml
   device.wml
   doc.wml
   drugdb.wml
   his.wml
   other.wml
   pharma.wml
   physiotherapy.wml
   practice.wml
   record.wml
   research.wml
   veterinary.wml

and just put a link to

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks

instead of this.  It is my job afterwards to make sure that every
category mentioned above will have a matching task in the tasks
system - but the work on debian-www will be drastically reduced that
way.

I hope that this is a fair compromise and will let you forget the
trouble I have caused.

Kind regards and thanks for maintaining Debian web pages

       Andreas.

PS: I'm not subscribed to debian-www (even if I know I should).

--
http://fam-tille.de