searching old packages (was: Question on gfortran version)

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:01:36PM -0800, Bill Lyon wrote:
> I am trying to find out what version of gfortran compiler was available
> with Debian GNU/Linux version 3.1 (Sarge). I realize that this version
> has been superceded and there may be little info available. I've looked
> through the website and can't find any info yet. Any help you could
> provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Although that is not enough advertised, you can search for old packages
at http://archive.debian.net/

I will add a link to this service to the page
http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive and hopefully to packages.d.o

Best regards.

--
Simon Paillard