Re: FAQ about post removals ?

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 10:10:38AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> following our previous disucssion about post removals, if a FAQ is written (I
> can help, but where should we put it?), I suggest to add the above
> recommendation. In the case I answered I suppose that the reason for removal
> request was that this discussion appears very high in a Google search made on
> the name of the poster.

I would put it under MailingLists and have a link to it off the
lists.d.o page.

Also, I think an example of what you mean by the message ID would be
handy, so everyone knows what you mean. e.g.

You will find the Message ID for your email in the list archives.  For
example, if your email was http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2008/msg00004.html
you can see by looking at the lines below the title of the email but
above the general body that its message id is
 <20081023220125.GA10384@schmehl.info>

That way everyone knows its "that thing" and not some other thing.
Choosing are relatively innocent email like from from Debian announce is
a good idea too.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au