Re: regards, installation

Thanks,

I am sorry, i did not expect you will answer
if you read your manuall you will fall from laugh
shortly it can be written in one sentence: "It is possible to install from the network and from all other devices"

regards

On 11/1/08, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
Hi gintare,

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 04:53:14PM +0200, gintare statkute wrote:
> I just wanted to try linux.

it's never so easy ...

> Although your webpage is full of documentation, but it do not make big use.
> I just need to download simple bootable image file, which works, but it is
> not bootable.

If it is really not bootable there is either somewhere a bug or you made
something wrong. To avoid that you do not download gigabytes of wrong data
the documentation exists.

Please give us more details, what file did you download, a CD/DVD image file,
a netboot image, ...?

> Since it took too much time too find out how to make it bootable i decided
> to write you shortly.

Making something bootable should never be necessary. I assume you didn't know
how to burn a CD/DVD image file?

Starting from http://www.debian.org/ just follow
"Getting Debian" ->
"Download larger CD/DVD image files" (if this is really what you want)

Now you are on http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/index.en.html

Select a distribution (I recommend Testing as this will become Stable very
soon).

A little bit hidden on this page (left strip or bottom) you will find a link
to the FAQ. This contains tips how to use burning spftware ...

> The version which worked is 4 years old bootable image.

Current should work well too. Please provide more info if you really have any
trouble ...

Jens