Re: incorrect use of a double dash on the homepage

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 04:36:57PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> Unfortunately browsers don't really support entities in the title, at least
> not last time this was brought up and tested. Not sure if this has changed and
> is still an issue with the browser versions in etch.

When you say entities do you mean entities or UTF-8?

In both instances, what does it mean to be "not supported" by browsers?

What happens if you use it anyway? Display error, missing character, what?

I have never noticed a problem with entities in titles before.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater, http://bytesexual.org/nslater