Re: incorrect use of a double dash on the homepage

	Hi!

Am Donnerstag, den 30.10.2008, 13:32 +0000 schrieb Noah Slater:
> The title element on the Debian homepage should use an em dash:
>
>   —
>
> The double dash currently in use is incorrect typography.

 Unfortunately browsers don't really support entities in the title, at
least not last time this was brought up and tested. Not sure if this has
changed and is still an issue with the browser versions in etch.

 Personally I'm on lenny and tested it with current packages of
iceweasel, epiphany-gecko, epiphany-webkit, konqueror, kazehakase,
opera, w3m (does use the utf8 character), lynx (replaces it with --).

 Not sure what the status is/was for etch, propably someone could test
these things there? A short file with a content like this should be
sufficient:

 Out of curiosity, can someone test it on internet explorer?

 So long. :)
Rhonda