Re: Please update the translation of the Debian Social contract

> the Debian website contained two nearly identical copies of the Debian
> Social contract. That's why http://www.debian.org/social_contract.1.1
> got removed and the current version can be found in
> http://www.debian.org/social_contract.

Why wasn't this done in a way that would have kept existing translations
of version 1.1 valid?

I.e:
- first copy 1.1 unchanged for _all_ languages to new location and update
  translation comments (or keep old English version for new document)
- then make wanted changes in new document
- finally remove the 1.0 and 1.1 documents

IMO that would have made things much more transparent and a lot less worlk
for translators.

You are now forcing me to jump through hoops and do extensive checks to
see that I've not missed anything to resurrect the Dutch translation
while the actual changes are minor.

Not amused!

Cheers,
FJP