Bug 358459: The problem could be solved on Debian's side

Hi,

I think that the problem can be solved on Debian's side.

My actual konqueror (3.5.9.dfsg.1-5) sends "Accept-Language: fr,en", which,
according to RFC2616 (HTTP1.1) [0], means that both french and english are
_equally_ acceptable (Section 14.4) :

"If an Accept-Language header is present, then all languages which are
assigned a quality factor greater than 0 are acceptable."

But debian.org answers weirdly :

HEAD -H "Accept-Language: %1,%2" http://www.debian.org

=>

%1	%2	 Answer
fr	de	 fr
de	fr	 fr
fr	en	 en-gb
en	fr	 en-gb
fr	en;q=0.5 fr
de	-	 de

It seems that there is sort of an internal priority list (en > fr > de) (which
is OK, regarding the RFC).

My proposal is to render the correct language page according to the user's
priority list (ordered list), instead of the server's.

But konqueror still has to be fixed to give a lower priority to english...

Regards,

OdyX

[0] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616
--