Re: DebianWiki: Template Pages

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 19:46 -0400, Kaio Rafael wrote:
> Franklin PIAT escreveu:
> > On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 00:17 -0400, Kaio Rafael wrote:
> >> I'm helping to translate DebianWiki pages from English to Brazilian
> >> Portuguese. I have read the PortalTemplate[1], but the my concern is
> >> about translation links. Many wiki links are broken or outdated , so
> >> my question is, can i create a new translated page with "all"
> >> translation links?  That is, A new page will have links to English,
> >> Deutsch, Français, Español, Nederlands... etc...

> > I've made a test with the pages :
> >  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIntroduction
> >  http://wiki.debian.org/pt_BR/DebianIntroduction

> This is what i was thinking about it! ;)
> Readind this e-mail, i belive we must include the translation header to
> make life easier for those who translate the Wiki.
>
> Do you think that we can update the Portaltemplate with this info?

We should try to keep the template clean, so we just add the START/END
tags. Translators would have to replace the header with the Include()
thing (If there's only one translation, It isn't important if the page
don't use the "Include" feature. It can be added later).
I would update the EditorGuide.

BTW, The way I implemented it, all translated version points to a single
Discussion page. I consider it the best option, IMHO.

Franklin