Re: File checksum program

Am Dienstag, den 03.06.2008, 14:35 -0500 schrieb Nate:
> The following link seems to have an invalid file or info:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/vrms.
>
> When I downloaded the file vrms_1.12-0.1.tar.gz, my checksum is
> different and the file size is 40 kB, not 9 kB.

 What tool do you use to download it? I noticed the same behavior when I
download it with w3m (textmode browser) which gunzips the downloaded
file and stores the uncompressed files on the disk, leading to the
mentioned 40 kB.

 If you download it with a tool that isn't broken like w3m (see
<http://bugs.debian.org/299462>). Downloading the file in firefox worked
for me.

 If this doesn't help, please mention the tool you used to download the
file.

 So long,
Rhonda