Re: wiki.debian.org/SSLKeys - RapidSSL certificate reissuing

Florian Weimer wrote:
>> https://blogs.verisign.com/ssl-blog/2008/05/the_debian_keypairs_security_f.html
>>
>> This should be mentioned on http://wiki.debian.org/SSLKeys.
>
> I believe most of the high-price CAs have similar policies.  Only if the
> Verisign offer is indeed special, we should add it to the web page,
> IMHO.

I wasn't clear enough.

What I was trying to say was that their _low_ price CA, RapidSSL, is
offering this for the time being, which is not usually the case.
RapidSSL was explicitly mentioned as not being reissuable without paying
extra.

I just checked the wiki page and it's been changed to that effect in the
meanwhile :) - http://wiki.debian.org/SSLkeys?action=diff&rev2=162&rev1=161

I hope I wasn't sounding like Verisign PR in my first mail, but I was
really happy with this action of theirs, as I use quite a number of
RapidSSL certficates for my customers. And yes, I had to reissue a few.
Luckily, most were fine.

regards,
Borut.