Re: conversion to subversion

Raphael Hertzog, 2008-05-13 12:05:07 +0200 :

> On Tue, 13 May 2008, MJ Ray wrote:
>> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, no, it mails all accounts listed as "admin". Unless you
>> > create a fake admin account pointing to the list (which is not
>> > desirable IMO), there's no simple solution.
>>
>> It seems a shame if moving to alioth causes webwml administration
>> to become less open and hidden from our users.  If someone patches
>> gforge 4.5 to add an attribute to a project for a debian-style
>> admin (list as admin contact instead of direct mail to admin
>> accounts), would that be applicable to alioth directly?

Certainly.

> I believe so. I cced Roland who is upstream Gforge developer. But
> I'm not sure it's worth the effort really... people can always send
> the request to the mailing list and give their Alioth login and
> admins can add them directly. Nobody is forced to used the "request
> to join" web page.

  I think the feature could be useful in the general case too, but I'm
not sure it's worth the coding and maintenance effort.  It needs an
extra field in the database, some UI to fill it and keep it
up-to-date, in addition to the obvious "send mail to this one address
instead of that list of addresses".

Roland.
--
Roland Mas