Re: No Public Key

Am Montag, den 25.02.2008, 00:01 +1300 schrieb Greg John Goodsir:
> I have been trying to add a repository from this site to Synaptic. I am
> using Ubuntu 7.10. When I add "deb http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/debian
> sid main" or any other repository in the mirror list, after Synaptic has
> finished downloading the list of packages, it says "W: GPG error:
> http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org sid Release: The following signatures
> couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
> A70DAF536070D3A1"

 This is something that you shouldn't do (as outlined in the other
mail). If you really do it you are on your own with breakages, neither
Debian nor Ubuntu people propably will be happy to help you out. About
getting the key, you might want to read up on gpg and apt-key - but I
won't give you more detailed informations because really, it's nothing
you want.

> There is no update available after FlightGear0.9.10 the version that I
> am using now from Ubuntu repository.

 From what I see it is, in the hardy/universe repository. Please notice
that both Debian and Ubuntu do stable releases and there in general are
no version updates to the stable releases, only security problems and
severe bugs get fixed in there. hardy is the current in development
ubuntu release - and you have do decide yourself if you want to switch
to that; propably not if you moved into the totally wrong direction
before with adding a Debian repository to your sources.list.

> How do I get a public key?

 The tool for that is gpg, and you also need apt-key, but see above.

 So long,
Rhonda