Re: DebianWiki users homepages

Raphael,

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 08:31 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > I can think of a few naming propositions :
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Homepages/JohnDoe     - Fairly explicit

> > Do you have any objection ?
>
> I do object. It's common in the wiki to add comment on a draft wiki
> page (or a discussion page) and to sign with -- RaphaelHertzog. If
> the user page is no more at the root, such a signature won't be linked.

Actually, moinoin is fair enough to replace new @USER@, @SIG@.. into a
DebianWikiHomePages:JohnDoe links which makes them work.

I planned to handle the conversion of existing links in best effort mode
(only replace some regexp, like /[^-]--[[:blank:]]JohnJoe /
and /\["JohnDoe"\]/ ),  but from your post, I guess I might have to
raise the service level... or would it be enough ?

Would you be comfortable with this ?

FYI, what I'm expecting to be the most time consuming is to manually
(ouch) verify that every page named after usernames are actually
homepages.

Franklin