Re: displaying email adresses

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Don Armstrong wrote:

> If humans can read it, spammers can too.

That's inaccurate. You are missing rule #3: Spammers are stupid.

Spammers will only read what they can read by mechanical means.
We would just have to make it difficult for them to obtain email
addresses *so easily*, without making it really difficult for a
human being. Procedures for that already exist.

Currently, we are giving them tons of email addresses for free. Does
the BTS ask the user if he wants his email address to be published?
No, it doesn't. Some of our users feel really bad when they realize
they have done a grave mistake by submitting a bug report.