Re: displaying email adresses

Jean-Baptiste Rouquier <jean-baptiste.rouquier@ens-lyon.fr> wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned that email adresses appear as plain text on
> http://bugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=250000 (and many
> other bug reports).
> I have two consecutive good spam filters, but nevertheless it is always
> good not to facilitae the work of spamers.

It would be a waste of time to work on that non-issue, as the bugs
are also displayed on many other sites which show email addresses.
There may even be address harvesters subscribed directly to
debian-bugs@lists.d.o.

In short, spam must be stopped at source.  It is not possible to
publish *and* to hide completely from spammers.  If you are postmaster
on a debian box, please make sure you have active anti-spam measures
and act against any local spammers in a timely and severe manner.

Best wishes,