Re: displaying email adresses

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, MJ Ray wrote: [...]
> > In short, spam must be stopped at source.  It is not possible to
> > publish *and* to hide completely from spammers.  If you are postmaster
> > on a debian box, please make sure you have active anti-spam measures
> > and act against any local spammers in a timely and severe manner.
>
> With such reply, we are essentially saying "f--- you" to the person
> who did the request.

FWIW, I had a reply off-list from the requester thanking me for the
reply, and disagreeing with it.

Please remember that swearing is a breach of this list's CoC and try
to avoid it.

> I think we can do better than doing nothing.

Maybe, but MUNGing the BTS is worse than doing nothing.  With many
people changing their email addresses every N days, it's already hard
enough to request more information from bug reporters, without making
our life harder.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef