Re: packages.debian.org development (git.d.o repo, etc.)

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:
> You can clone the repository from
> ssh://git.debian.org/git/webwml/packages.git
>
> Changes should generally be pushed to the master branch
> (which generally reflects the code running at packages.debian.net).
> If they have proven to not break anything they will be merged to
> debian-master (which reflects the code running at packages.debian.org).

Hi,

I noticed that Finnish translations (po files) are not updated for some
time. I think that also many other translators need very detailed
instructions on how to really make commits there, as git seems to
require a bit different commands etc. (I've used earlier CVS,
Subversion, and bzr, but still this git seems to follow somewhat
different logic especially w.r.t. branches.)

Thus can you give a quite detailed instructions on for example updating
po files in the git repository? Maybe this stuff should be documented
even on the website, as there is already info on using CVS

--
Tommi Vainikainen