packages.debian.org development (git.d.o repo, etc.)

Hi.

There is now a packages.debian.org git repository on alioth.
All members of webwml should have write access (which probably only
includes DDs, non-DDs with CVS access probably need to be added
manually to the webwml alioth project).

You can clone the repository from
ssh://git.debian.org/git/webwml/packages.git

Changes should generally be pushed to the master branch
(which generally reflects the code running at packages.debian.net).
If they have proven to not break anything they will be merged to
debian-master (which reflects the code running at packages.debian.org).

Note that neither packages.debian.net nor packages.debian.org will
pull your changes automatically, yet. I plan to change this in the future,
at least for packages.debian.net, but given how little experience you and
I have with git I currently prefer to have a human in the loop.

So this for now serves mainly the purpose of giving people a place to publish
patches for me to easily merge from.

I can't currently offer shell access to packages.debian.net, since that
runs on a private server that isn't really prepared for non-trusted
local users. I will offer my best support for anyone who wants to setup
a test-instance, and I am open for suggestions on how to give more
people access to a test-bed installation.

Comments? Suggestions? Questions?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>