Re: Vender submission problem.

On Fri, September 14, 2007 09:46, MJ Ray wrote:
> Paul Cager <paul@paulcager.org> wrote:
>> I do not believe the query on your URL should upset the process; [...]
>
> Why don't you believe it?  The regexp it must match is
> /^([\w.:\/~-]+)$/ - in other words, a string containing only one or
> more word characters (alphanumeric plus "_"), dot, colon, slash, tilde
> or dash.  Question marks are not allowed.
>
> That's on cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/submit_cdvendor.pl line 76 - I can
> view it, but not edit it (and I'm not sure it should be changed).

I stand corrected, but somewhat surprised...

Although I don't like the idea of using a dynamic URL for what is
essentially a static page, it *is* still a legal URL. Why should we ban
it? And looking at the UK entries on http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/#uk,
roughly half of the URLS are illegal according to the regexp above.

Cheers,
Paul