Re: Request for support of installation of python-libxml2

2007/9/3, Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 09:54:34AM +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> > The infraestructure to run the script is already there:
> > http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/security/oval/?root=webwml
> > but cannot be activated (oval is not defined as a SUBDIR in the
> > security directory) until the 'python-libxml2' package is installed in
> > gluck.debian.org (where the CVS is, to be able to test it out), and
> > klecker.debian.org (www-master.debian.org, where the CVS build is run).
>
> What do you need python-libxml2 for? Seems to work fine here without
> it... I only needed python-xml.

Gluck has python-xm installed but not python-libxml2, if I run the script there:

$ make
/usr/bin/python2.4 parseDsa2Oval.py -d ../2000 >oval-definitions-2000.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "parseDsa2Oval.py", line 15, in ?
    import oval.definition.generator
  File "/home/jfs/webwml/english/security/oval/oval/definition/generator.py",
line 13, in ?
    import xml.dom.ext
ImportError: No module named ext
make: *** [oval-definitions-2000.xml] Error 1

The problem actually seems to be that python-xml just installs
python2.3-xml, whileas we need python2.4-xml instead.

Could a 'debwww' member please approve for the installation of the
python2.4-xml package?

Javier