Re: Suggestion for rewording on "getting Debian" page

Hi Alex!

You wrote:

> I was reading over the Debian website, and came across one line that concerns
> me: "You can install Debian on more than one machine." While it's obvious to
> me that you mean that a Debian CD can be used to install on as many computers
> as one wants (as opposed to Windows which it is only legal to install on one
> per license), people less familiar with free software may think this means
> that if they download their own copy they can only install it on a single
> computer, and they must buy a CD in order to install on multiple machines.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The wording was indeed a bit confusing.  I
changed it to "You can install Debian (on as many machines as you like)
without downloading all packages yourself".  I think that should clear
things up.
The change should be online in a few hours.

> Just a suggestion. Also, thanks for the wonderful, free operating system:-)

You're very welcome!

Kind regards,
Bas.

| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |
|----------------------------| Fingerprint: c1f5 f24c d514 3fec 8bf6 |
| bas@debian.org             |              a2b1 2bae e41f 0644 fab7 |