Re: Subscribing a mailing list to page changes on the wiki.

Alle ven 24 agosto 2007, Charles Plessy ha scritto:
> In the Debian-Med project, we would like to monitor the changes in some
> pages of wiki.debian.org. For the moment the only way I find would be to
> create a user and use debian-med@l.d.o as email adress. Not very
> elegant...

It's the very same problem as for the Debian Packaging Handbook project. And I
would actually do the same thing, if I knew how to make sure that emails
returning the user password were only sent to list admins (i.e. moderated).
Can Alioth's mailman work out such a safe filtering job?

I believe that utilizing RSS feeds would mostly make things more complicated
(a further MTA would still be required, while fetching and forwarding
Moinmoin feed mails should not be more of an issue).

Any better solution? (I'm also wondering whether there's any Debian server
which may handle this.)

--
Luca