Re: HTML->XHTML transition [Re: I feel to complain again]

Hi Richard!

You wrote:

> >>  -<hr>
> >> +<hr />
> >
> > I'm wondering if we have a proper plan for switching to xhtml, or this
> > markup polishing is just a substitute activity -- in the sense that yes, we
> > know that xhtml requires closing all elements so let's close them
> > occasionally but we don't really see how and when we can switch to xhtml.
>
> I'd like to know this too! The above change is bad IMHO because it means
> the page is *neither* valid XHTML (wrong doctype) nor valid HTML 4 strict
> (see explanation below [0]).

No.  Have you actually looked at the pages that are produced?
Wml automatically changes <hr/> to <hr> unless explicitly told not to.
These changes in the original wml files do not change the resulting html
at all.

Bas.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |