html tags fixing in english only VS l10n on www.debian.org
On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 10:31:40AM +0200, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> The last change index.wml from the CVS archive:
> +<hr />
I would like to second this tension ...
So, to the people that fix html tags in the CVS :
* PLEASE DO IT WITH SMARTCHANGE OR BY HAND IN ALL OTHER LANGUAGES ! *
For many reasons :
* Many webpages can appear outdate to users while they are not (except
the tag fix), for example http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.fr.html
* each of the translators will have to do the job
* in some l10n teams, there not so many people, and those webpages may
be never updated, and after a long time behind the "xhtml fixed page",
they will be deleted .. what a waste !!
So if some people have time to fix html tags ;
* as alfie already told it on IRC, doing it at the webwml would be more
* do it for *ALL* languages and bump headers for them, or don't do it at
all, it would be counterproductive.