Re: Search box and http://search.debian.org

Bastian Venthur wrote:

The problem was (or is) that it requires java so I dropped that idea
again. But maybe another p2p search engine with similar features but
without a non-free dependency could be an alternative to google?

I was wondering if Hyper Estraier (http://hyperestraier.sourceforge.net/) might fit the bill? I can't say I've used it, but I had a look at the website and it looks like a possibility - it's LGPL, written in C and has P2P and multilingual features (don't know if this extends to content negotiation, 'fraid I didn't dig that deeply). Also it's already packaged for Debian.

Might be worth a look?

Dave.