Re: Etch errata

* Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> [2007-05-28 21:49]:

>> > In the case of security updates, it does not matter, because there are no
>> > complex dependencies to be resolved, you only upgrade existing packages and
>> > there should be no difference which program is used.
>>
>> My point was that we should have consistent recommendations.
>
> Well, seemingly inconsistent, it's all the same APT library.

 You know this, and propably most reading this list, but Andrei got a
point there, it propably will confuse some users.

 On the other hand - before changing it in those pages it would be
required to convince the security team to adapt their templates for the
DSAs they send out.  Otherwise we will confuse those users even more,
having different recommendations wrt/ security in the different parts.

 So long,
Alfie
--
...., and your email server was not used in the sending of this message.
                   -- some SPAM message