Re: A contest for a new css

On 3/17/07, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:31:00AM +0100, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Mathieu!
> >    Hi! I steal think that debian has, unfortunatly, the less beautiful
> >    website of all major distributions. I already submited some artworks I
> >    did on this mailling list[1], but not everyone liked it.  All right, I
> >    may not be the best webdesigner around here, so what about launching a
> >    contest ? :)
>
> Actually, that's not a bad idea at all.

I agree. Another option could be to make it a summer of code project;
the FreeBSD project did that last year, and look at their website now!
:-)
(...)

Sounds good Wouter. Btw, I offer myself as co-mentor of such a task, I
can do some research on how the SoC project was mentored for the
FreeBSD project, how they translate the website and if we can adapt
their ideas to our current scenario, what were the problems with the
content migration (if it was needed) and stuff like that. I think a
better primary mentor would be somebody else more involved with the
daily website maintenance though. Anyone interested?

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com