Re: Setting up a staging ground for etch release

On 3/17/07, Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
Gustavo Franco wrote:
> >Re modern design and stuff: Please define problems with the current design
> >and propose improvements.  This has been asked all volunteers who wanted
> >to apply a complete redesign of the web pages.  The smaller the changes
> >the easier they can be applied and the more likely it will be that they
> >will be accepted.
>
> The problem is that it's quite hard to Joe User help us downloading
> testing images from that current page and the mozilla approach seems

Parse error.

Maybe some links need to be added to the main page prominently?

Maybe.

Maybe the /CD/ page could use a reordering?

Maybe.

*shrug*  Parse error, as I said...

Parse error, simple because you and I are not the target of the
proposed feature.

> to be saner, IMHO. Just ask on debian-user. Btw, I though we wrote a

No.  I'm asking on debian-www, the list where the web pages are
maintained.

It doesn't hurt seek for feedback from our users, those who have no
idea who is maintaining the web pages but sometimes need to use its
content more than us.

If you can't define the problems, how do you expect to work on
solutions?

If you can realize that there are more Debian web page users than
Debian developers and contributors, that would be great for a start.

> I agree with Frank on solve one problem at a time and I'll try to do
> more and talk less, like i did in others areas into the project.
> Arguments in favor or against ideas will guide us to nowhere, but
> better solutions than I'm proposing will.

Solutions should fix problems and not search problems they could
potentially fix.

I'll answer you with work and fixes not messages anymore, since you've
attacked the message, the messenger and the possibility of me or
somebody else that agree with my initial idea feel motivated to
prepare a test case, and show to this list. I'm sure now that's one of
the reasons behind so many people that could have write access on our
web pages start entire new websites instead cooperate here.

Feel free to keep wasting our resources with these statements, and
once you realize how much damage it caused to the project your
@debian.org and the power you think you have, will worth nothing.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com