Re: http://www.debian.de/News/2006/20060316.de.html ist broken

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:36:15PM +0100, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> Am 21.03.2006 um 21:52 schrieb Jens Seidel:
>
> >So it's a konqueror bug!? OK, I will report it soon ...
>
> Isn't content negotiation configurable?

It is partially. I edited ~/.kde/share/config/kio_httprc and set Language=de as
described in (the still English page) http://www.debian.de/intro/cn#konqueror.
I also set it to de-lu and tried the same using the control center (and
restarted KDE). It's always English (I wonder about this in the de-lu case).
Also a "LANG=de_LU.UTF-8 konqueror" doesn't change everything (but I also did
not expect a change).

> Whatever de-version I ask for, I always get the correct page. But

I too (using firebird, lynx), but not in Konqueror.

> maybe, it is another Konqueror-has-a-page-already-in-its-cache-problem.

But the cache is disabled and I'm sure I never fetched so many English pages as
in this test, i.e. most pages are definitivly not from cache.

> HEAD -H "Accept-Language: de-at" http://www.debian.de

Probably konqueror compares the requested language with the one it received.
But why does it fail for de-lu too?

> look, that you have something like this in your configuration:

As far as I know, konqueror doesn't support a language rating using "q=". At
least it's not mentioned in Debian CN page (and I had only! de activated).

> de-de would also work, as I get the correct page with Safari (which
> has only de-de)
>
> You may try http://www.debian.de instead, maybe you can betray
> Knoqueror, if it thinks, the page in cach is okay.

Same result.

This remembers me that Denis Barbier told me on debian-i18n in the last days,
that using de_DE PO files is not a good idea and that instead a de.po naming
schema should be used. Otherwise it would be necessary to add all German
dialects in LANGUAGE which is not suggested. Similarly it cannot be requested
from users to set "Accept-Language: de, de-lu;q=0.99, de-at;q=0.99, en;q=0.94"
(and it would not help). so www.de.debian.org should use de instead of de-lu.

I will report it to the mirror and fill a bug report against konqueror.

PS: Jutta, http://search.debian.org/ still uses the old GIF header instead of
CSS. I know that this service is disabled but it is still reachable from
www.debian.org. I'm sure you know about this and it's not very important, just
a little bit inconsistent ...

Jens