Re: Content negotiation - ICS Calendar files

On Fri Mar 03, 2006 at 23:25:21 -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> On 03/03/2006 05:16 PM, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> > I noticed a probple with content negotiation on the event pages.
> > If I visit any link on http://www.nl.debian.org/events/2006/ I always
> > get the ics file.
>
> 	That's strange, accessing the above link via Mozilla and
> Mozilla Firefox (both from etch) show me the HTML. I tried using
> www.nl, www.us, www.br, www.de and just www. All worked fine for
> me.

The difference is that browsers like Firefox specify an Accept: header
which contains 'text/html' and not 'text/calendar', while lynx (and
e.g. lwp) don't have an Accept header at all. If there's no such header
than the servers deliver back the ICS file instead of the HTML file.

$ HEAD http://www.de.debian.org/events/2006/0304-linuxtag-chemnitz | grep Content

$ HEAD -H 'Accept: text/html' http://www.de.debian.org/events/2006/0304-linuxtag-chemnitz | grep Content

Adam
--