Re: Who is actively porting the Debian architectures?

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 11:53:59AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 04:51:01PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the criteria are for listing on that page?  I've no
> > involvement with the buildds or anything - all the PowerPC stuff I've
> > ever done has been to do with porting user space applications and
> > testing.
>
> That is porting. There is little porting work in buildd maintenance; all
> you ever do is sign successful logs, interpret failures, and file
> appropriate bugs (although many buildd maintainers, myself included,
> seem to think the last part is optional when they are swamped with other
> work)

BTW, i think that historically, the pages in question where listing a few
lead-porter, not all of the porters. This include people who work on important
areas (toolchain, kernel, d-i mostly today), as well as people who take over a
coordinator role.

I think both me and waldi qualify for this, i am unsure of the others, i don't
think there is currently someone actively looking after the porting needed
packages and having a global overview outside of the kernel/d-i area. This is
in big part due to the fact that powerpc is mostly a mainstream arch today,
and most issues have been solved long ago.

Friendly,

Sven Luther