Re: debian.org doesn't recognise language of konqueror

Hi Olli,

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:46:00PM +0200, Oliver Heins wrote:
> Konqueror's »Browserkennung« (sorry, I don't know the appropriate english
> term for this and neither does leo.org) looks something like this:
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.5; Linux; de) KHTML/3.5.4 (like
> Gecko) (Debian)

That's the "User-Agent" header sent by Konqueror, which is *not* the header
that a conforming HTTP server should use to decide on the language to
serve.

Instead, the "Accept-Language" header is the right one. Your Konqueror is
probably configured incorrectly and sends a header which states something
other than German as your preferred language.

According to <http://www.debian.org/intro/cn#konqueror>, you need to select
German as your preferred language in the KDE control center.

HTH,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯