Re: missing index.html file

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 11:00:34AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:15:16AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Wolfgang Lonien wrote:
> > > the /doc/manuals/debian-reference webpage has no index.html file, while
> > > the package debian-reference has one - maybe someone with admins rights
> > > could copy that over?
> > >
> > > Please CC me if you answer on this, as I'm not subscribed to this list,
> > > and also don't browse this newsgroup that often.
> >
> > I would be willing to continue debugging this, but currently I have the
> > problem that I am unable to locate the source for this manual.

It was mostly my intentional action not to include index.html.

How do you know which languge you want?

We can discus laster.  (I am not on d-www now.)

> The project name is quick-reference (it started with only a few pages long time
> ago :-)
> http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/quick-reference/?root=debian-doc
>
> Upstream is qref.sf.net but it also not more recent IIRC.

Yep.

> > it hasn't been updated for a while.
>
> That's true :-(

Yep.  I use to sync 2 CVS much more frequently.  The upstream CVS had
correct version tracking which DDP CVS was correct contents with wrong
version due to unsynched actions.

I think the best next step is to convert them to XML following the pat
of developer-reference (it is work now).

When we do it, we need to slim it down as pure post installation guide
for console and classic X work environment with Debian specific tips.

Osamu