Re: hard to use debian.org in English

George Papamichelakis wrote:
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I'm an English speaker, but the domain name I connect from ends with .de (and is located in Germany).

Whenever I visit any debian.org page, it displays in German - which is understandable (my .de domain).

So I scroll down, change the language to English, but when I click on another link I end up with German again.

This makes the debian.org browsing experience extremely frustrating:

- debian.org
-> site displays in German, user have to change to English
-> site now in English, user clicks some link
-> site again in German, user have to change to English again...

You just have to setup your browser (see http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html)
for it to work correctly.

I'm always too lazy to do this :)

Shouldn't website remember the settings when uses chooses the language (via cookies)?
But perhaps it would be too much work.

Thanks for the link.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski