Re: CD vendors to be reviewed

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 08:05:24PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> > Since webwml/english/CD/vendors/vendors.CD is maintained by Craig and
> > not by the CVS repository, updates should probably be sent to Craig.
> It is, it used to be database driven (and may be one day in future) but
> now it is just a plain file that everyone can use.

I'm against going back to a database. Instead, use a text file which can be
put into CVS. The database was a problem because nobody apart from you had
access to it (and there were times when you were not very responsive) and
you were the only one who knew how it was organised. I don't even know on
what machine it was.

Also, with the right format of the text file (i.e. *not* the way it is
now!;-) you have all the advantages of easy processing that you have with a
DBMS.

> I strongly suspect I have been removed from the cdvendors email alias, I
> have not seen an email for that alias for months.

No idea, but note that we removed the address from the web pages at some
point; people are now told to send mail to this list.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯