http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Thanks for providing such a nice home page for debian. Just a few numers on
http://www.debian.org/intro/about
seem a bit outdated.

I give the text of the page as quotation; my suggestions for improvement in plain.

This is exactly how Debian operates and why most of the CDs are so
cheap (only $6 U.S. for three CDs).

This is exactly how Debian operates and why most of the CDs are so cheap
(only about $25 U.S. for 14 CDs).

[about average price of vendors listed on http://www.debian.de/CD/vendors/ ]

Since hard disk space has become less expensive, you can probably spare about 500MB.

Since hard disk space has become less expensive, you can probably spare about 2GB. (If you don't want/need a graphical desktop, 600MB are sufficient.)

Note: I took these numbers from sarge's intallation instructions:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs03.html.en

I guess that most first time users of Debian would want a graphical desktop.

Thanks, Johannes