Re: mirror size

[debian-www: lower part of this message.  Topic came up on -project]
[Michael: cc:d, I don't know if you read the debian-project mailing list]

On Monday 27 February 2006 16:16, you wrote:
> I tried already to mirror the ftp.debian.at mirror ... but after ca 170G
> my harddisk was full ...  :-(

Michael:

From <http://www.debian.org/mirror/>
You can mirror the Debian archive in part or as a whole — check the mirror
size [1]. See the pages on setting up a mirror[2] of the Debian archive for
more information on methods of mirroring, how to do partial mirroring, when
to mirror and more.

[1] <http://www.debian.org/mirror/size>
[2] <http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror>

And: I don't know why you're building a mirror, but if you're only use it in
your organisation internally, it's very likely that you don't need to
mirror all of the more exotic architectures (mips{el}, arm, m68k,
s390, ...), so you could cut down on diskspace and bandwidth quite a bit.

debian-ww:
<http://www.debian.org/mirror/size> Seems to be outdated, if Michael was
building his mirror correctly and his disk was full after 170G - the mirror
size on the web page is given as 120G.  Marc Haber posted the link
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors-announce/2006/02/msg00000.html>
which states 170G as mirror size.

greetings
-- vbi

--
The conundrum is not in which email, but in how many users. The number of
users would be inversely proportional to the question of, 'which email', and