Re: Comments needed: quotes with other browsers

Jutta Wrage <jw@witch.westfalen.de> writes:
> Am 18.02.2006 um 18:22 schrieb Jens Seidel:
>> Maybe it's an option to add a header or popup window or something
>> similar when this browser is used:
> That might be better. Quotes are not the only HTML/CSS-thing, IE does
> not understand. So Richards suggestion helps with _one_ of the
> problems only.

It's crappy idea, worthy of the FSF or other people who put ideology
over usefullness. Just think about the sites an IE user is looking at
when he would see such a popup window: Informations about a free
operating system. I don't think we need to educate them about
alternatives to Microsoft products in any other way.

Sometimes you're forced to use what's installed on a box (which is, on
Windows machines, always the IE) and would just be pissed off by weird
popups and headers that obfuscate your view.

Marc
--
BOFH #429:
Temporal anomaly