Re: Comments needed: quotes with other browsers

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 05:41:33PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 12:36:58PM +0100, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> > Either we care IE and use it or we do not. I do not see any other
> > alternatives.
>
> Did I mention that MSIE sucks? ;-/

Maybe it's an option to add a header or popup window or something
similar when this browser is used:

<quote>
You are using a browser which doesn't conform to current Web standards.
It's likely that the Debian site will not display properly. We are very
sorry about this but since Microsoft's Internet Explorer isn't free
software there is nothing we can do about ...

We suggest you use a free browser such as Mozilla Firefox. Not only that
it properly supports current standards, it's also more secure, runs on
nearly every hardware platform and is likely what you want.
</quote>

This way we educate the user and promote free software (not only the
super Debian OS).

Jens