Who's using Debian?

1. Name of organization: Baraco Compañia Anónima, Venezuela
2. Organization type: commercial
3. HomePage Link: http://www.baraco.net
4. We began using Debian in 2003, for implementing Network Servers to our
customers from small to medium size range, all based in Intel x86 architecture,
bringing them file services with samba, DHCP server, Firewall and Proxy Server,
SSH server for remote administration, etc. We also use Debian in our server to
handle centralized services like Transparent Proxy with Squid and IPTABLES,SSH,
DHCP Server, Intranet Web Server (for testing purpose).

I started with SuSE 6.1 in 2000, because it had good spanish support in
Venezuela, and that was my first Linux Experience. After that, I met Debian in
2001, and since that I switched to Debian and installed it and started to learn
and use, and the more I learn the more I like it. So, We started to use it for
production since 2003 until today.

I chose to use Debian because it's reliable, it's has an excellent software
management with the apt, it's really free and open.

Since that, We use open source software when ever it is possible.